Breast Care Team
You already know that annual mammograms are important. Routine screenings help detect problems before they become larger concerns. But what happens when your mammogram comes back abnormal?
At The Jackson Clinic, we know timing is everything. That’s why we offer same-day or next-day follow-up appointments for patients with abnormal mammograms.
Instead of the worry of waiting for a follow-up appointment that might be weeks away, you’ll work with our Breast Care Team—a seamless collaboration of your primary care doctor and our mammography, radiology, and general surgery departments. You’ll have answers within days rather than weeks.
Receiving an abnormal mammogram is an emotional, anxiety-filled time—let our all-in-one team of experts walk you through the diagnostic process with less wait and less fear.
How It Works:
- If your mammogram comes back abnormal, one of our Mammogram Techs will schedule you for a same-day or next-day appointment for a diagnostic and ultrasound.
- If these tests also come back abnormal, a member of our Breast Care Team will call you to schedule a same-day or next-day consultation with one of our world-class surgeons.
- You will have either an ultrasound-guided or stereotactic biopsy, scheduled in-house at The Jackson Clinic.
- Your surgeon will contact you with the results of the biopsy.
- If needed, you will be scheduled for an office visit to discuss your treatment options and make a customized treatment plan.
Early detection and routine screenings are key. Get the support you need and make your mammogram appointment today by calling 731.422.0350.