The Jackson Clinic is delivering the #1 choice for treatment of localized prostate cancer in the United States, the da Vinci Prostatectomy. More and more West Tennessee men are choosing The Jackson Clinic’s da Vinci Prostatectomy, a minimally invasive, robotic-assisted surgical procedure that removes the cancerous prostate gland and related structures.
The potential benefits of The Jackson Clinic’s da Vinci Prostatectomy are:
- Effective Cancer Control: Studies have shown that experienced surgeons have achieved excellent results in removing prostate cancer without leaving cancer cells behind.
- Improved and Early Return of Sexual Function: Studies have shown that most patients have a rapid return of sexual function.
- Improved and Early Return of Continence: Studies have shown that most patients have a rapid return of urinary continence.
- Improved Results over Traditional Treatments: Patients may benefit from surgical treatment of localized prostate cancer, the established gold standard, as compared to radiation. Surgery also has a lower risk of long-term complications than radiation treatments.
Minimally Invasive Surgery: The da Vinci System enables The Jackson Clinic surgeons to perform even the most complex and delicate procedures through very small incisions with unmatched precision.
Additional patient benefits may include:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Less scarring
- Shorter recovery time
- A faster return to normal daily activities