Who is eligible?
- Age 65 or older
- Under the age of 65 who have certain disabilities
- Of any age with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure)
Find the basics of Medicare here:
What are the different parts?
Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) - Original Medicare
- What part A covers
- Cover inpatient hospital stays, care in a skilled nursing facility, hospice care, and some home health care
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) - Original Medicare
- What part B covers
- Covers certain doctors’ services, outpatient care, medical supplies, and preventive services
Medicare Part D (Prescription Drug Coverage) – You join a Medicare drug plan in addition to Original Medicare, or you get it by joining a Medicare Advantage Plan with drug coverage.
- Helps cover the cost of prescription drugs (including many recommended shots or vaccines)
- Drug Coverage (Part D)
- If you do not sign up for Medicare Part D when you are first eligible you will receive a “Late Enrollment Penalty” for each month you are not enrolled. This penalty is permanent and will be added to the monthly Part D premium.
Supplemental Insurance (Medigap) – Extra insurance you can buy from a private company that helps pay your share of costs in Original Medicare. Policies are standardized, and in most states names by letters, like Plan G or Plan K.
Medicare Part C (Also Known As Medicare Advantage)
- How do medicare advantage plans work
- It is an “all in one” plan. It combines Part A and Part B and usually includes Part D
Medicare and You Handbook
- Medicare and You
- ABC's of Medicare
- Need extra help?
- If you have limited income and resources, you may qualify to receive help with your Medicare Part D premium and co-payments through the low-income subsidy (LIS) or “Extra Help.” Apply Here OR if you need help completing the application call here: 1-800-772-1213 or (TTY 1-800-325-0778).
Advance Directives & Long-Term Care
Sign Up and Compare Medicare Plans
The below Medicare Advantage Plans will be accepted by The Jackson Clinic in 2022
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee: Blue Advantage
- Cigna Medicare Advantage
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- Compare Home Health Agencies, Hospice Care, Long-Term Care, Hospitals, and Clinicians here
- Or call your local Commission on Aging and Disability: Find them here
Medicare & You Video
Medicare & You: Understanding Open Enrollment
How to use Medicare Plan Finder, step-by-step
Look Out for Enrollment Fraud
Learn more about Medicare Open Enrollment