New Baptist/Jackson Clinic Outpatient Surgery Center
The Jackson Clinic and Baptist Memorial host a topping out ceremony to celebrate the new medical campus
Jackson, Tenn., July 26, 2022 - The Jackson Clinic and Baptist Memorial Health Care held a topping out ceremony and beam signing on Tuesday to celebrate a major milestone for a new outpatient medical campus at the southwest corner of the 45 Bypass and Passmore Lane.
The event marked the placement of the topmost beam on a 134,966-square-foot, $62,000,000 two-story medical office building that will sit on a 59-acre parcel of land. The building is the first structure planned for the forthcoming medical campus. The Jackson Clinic will lease approximately 70,000 square feet of the medical office building and offer diagnostic imaging, laboratory, pharmacy, and specialty services.
“The Jackson Clinic is growing to meet patient demand for our medical services, and we are always looking to anticipate what is needed in the area we serve,” said Mark Allen, CEO of The Jackson Clinic. “Both our team and Baptist have long histories of providing quality health care, and this collaboration sets the stage for the future of health care in the Mid-South.”
Baptist will lease approximately 40,000 square feet of the building for an outpatient surgery center that will include eight operating rooms and four procedure rooms.
“Outpatient campuses are largely driven by patient demand and are among the fastest growing models of health care,” said Jason Little, president, and CEO of Baptist Memorial Health Care. “The Jackson Clinic-Baptist Outpatient Campus will allow us to meet an important need for the community while offering advanced care and the latest technology in a convenient and easily accessible location.”
Rendina Healthcare Real Estate is the developer for the project, and Flintco is the construction company. The Jackson Clinic and Baptist expect to complete the medical office building in the fall of 2023.
Established in 1950 by five medical and surgical specialists, The Jackson Clinic was the first multispecialty group practice in Tennessee. Today, it is one of the largest group practices of its kind. The Jackson Clinic brings together the knowledge of more than 165 providers in over 25 specialties and sub-specialties, providing care to patients at 13 locations across nine counties in the Jackson area. Their physicians are supported by state-of-the-art technology in diagnostic testing departments, which include: Laboratory, Radiology (Ultrasound, CAT Scan, Dexascan, Bone Densitometry, Nuclear Medicine, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, and Mammography), Stereotactic Biopsy, Pulmonary Function Analysis, Arterial Blood Gases, Electrocardiography, and Vascular Ultrasound. These ancillary departments provide convenient, prompt, and accurate diagnostic results for patients. Providers at The Jackson Clinic use state-of-the-art technology to provide the highest level of care to patients.
Baptist Memorial Health Care is one of the country’s largest not-for-profit health care systems and the largest provider of Medicaid in the region. Baptist offers a full continuum of care to communities throughout the Mid-South and consistently ranks among the top integrated health care networks in the nation. The health care system comprises 22 affiliate hospitals in West Tennessee, North and Central Mississippi, and East Arkansas; more than 5,400 affiliated physicians; Baptist Medical Group, a multispecialty physician group with more than 900 providers; home, hospice, and psychiatric care; minor medical centers and clinics; a network of surgery, rehabilitation and other outpatient centers; and an education system highlighted by Baptist Health Sciences University (formerly Baptist College of Health Sciences). Baptist employs more than 19,000 people, and in the fiscal year 2020 contributed more than $352 million in community benefit and uncompensated care to the communities it serves. For more information, please visit www.baptistonline.org or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- The Jackson Clinic and Baptist Memorial Health Care have purchased 60 acres of land on Passmore Lane in Jackson. The planned next-generation outpatient center will be built to integrate surgical facilities with physician offices for The Jackson Clinic.
- The Jackson Clinic pursued this outpatient surgery center with Baptist because they have a proven track record of success in West Tennessee, and operate several outpatient surgery centers in the region.
- The outpatient center will serve the entire region. We chose the Passmore Lane location because of the easy accessibility to patients in Jackson and surrounding communities.
- The establishment of the new center is a major step toward The Jackson Clinic’s goals of:
- Providing greater patient choice
- Lowering patient costs
- Creating better access by shortening wait times for surgical procedures and offering more convenient ways for patients to receive services.
- The outpatient center will increase surgical capacity for Jackson and rural West Tennessee. Scheduling appointments will be easier, and patients will be able to have surgeries and other procedures sooner.
- The outpatient center will have operating rooms and we will perform the following types of surgeries and procedures:
- Ear, nose and throat
- General surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Diagnostic Heart Catheterization
- Outpatient surgery centers offer many advantages for patients; they are more efficient, easier to access, and have more advanced technology. They are also rated as more customer friendly and have a higher quality of care. As a result, patients usually go home sooner after procedures.
- The outpatient center will be open to any qualified physician who wants to practice there.
- Patients will decide where they want their procedures performed. The Jackson Clinic will remain on staff at Jackson-Madison County General Hospital, so we can perform surgeries at either facility.
- We expect the outpatient center to open 18-24 months after our certificate of need is approved.
- Our outpatient center will earn accreditation from The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF), and will be Medicare certified.
- Outpatient surgery centers are popular with patients, who enjoy the convenience and personalized care. Each year, physicians perform more than 23 million procedures in outpatient surgery centers.
- The outpatient center will have a positive economic impact on the region. The center will create new jobs, be a positive factor in recruiting more physicians, and directly generate more property tax revenue for Jackson and Madison County. Increased access to advanced medical care can be an advantage to business recruitment throughout surrounding counties.