More Procedures, Better Outcomes, Back to Life Faster
The da Vinci Surgical System represents the latest advance in minimally invasive surgical care. Utilizing miniaturized instruments under the direct control of the surgeon and viewed through a high-definition 3-D screen, operations can be performed through tiny incisions with great precision. Though initially FDA approved for prostate surgery, da Vinci surgery is currently widely used in many other fields, including gynecology, general surgery, head and neck surgery, and cardiothoracic surgery. Gynecologic applications represent one of the fastest growing areas for patients to experience the benefits of robotic-assisted surgery.
Studies show that greater surgeon experience correlates with better patient outcomes. Gynecologists at The Jackson Clinic – Drs. Ball, Eldridge, Pierce, Welsch, and Wilson - have performed more than 650 surgical procedures using the da Vinci robotic platform, and are leaders in the field of minimally invasive women’s surgery. Together, they represent over 75 years of surgical experience and commitment to excellent patient care. Gynecologists at The Jackson Clinic have more experience with da Vinci surgery than any other benign gynecologists in all of West Tennessee - including Memphis - and are among the most experienced benign gynecologists offering robotics in the state of Tennessee. Accomplishments which set Jackson Clinic physicians apart as a resource for robotic assisted surgery in Jackson and the MidSouth include:
- First to perform da Vinci surgery in Jackson
- First to perform robotic hysterectomy in Jackson
- First to perform robotic vaginal vault suspension for pelvic organ prolapse in Jackson
- Only group to offer robotic myomectomy (removal of fibroid tumors of the uterus) in Jackson
- Only group to offer robotic sacral colpopexy for treatment of pelvic organ prolapse in Jackson
- Only group to offer robotic single incision hysterectomy in West Tennessee (including Memphis)
- Only group to offer robotic treatment of tubal blockage in Jackson
- Only group with Intuitive certified instructors in robotic surgery, who have trained over three dozen physicians in five states - including all the Minimally Invasive Surgery faculty in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. Certified instructors represent less than 2% of gynecologists nationwide
Jackson Clinic physicians have been featured on EPlus Broadband and WBBJ; interviewed by the Jackson Sun, West Tennessee Medical News, and Health magazine; and featured in the West Tennessee Women’s Journal and VIP Magazine for their expertise in robotics
Review of outcomes for da Vinci gynecologic surgery patients at The Jackson Clinic reveals greater safety and fewer complications than reported nationwide data for abdominal, vaginal, or laparoscopic approaches to gynecologic surgery. Most patients go home the same day, and can be back to work in one to two weeks.
Procedures offered include simple and complex hysterectomy, myomectomy (removal of uterine fibroids), vaginal vault suspension for prolapse, oophorectomy and ovarian cystectomy, treatment of adhesive disease, treatment of endometriosis, and treatment of blocked fallopian tubes.
The Jackson Clinic is pleased to offer the benefits of da Vinci robotic assisted gynecologic surgery - smaller incisions, fewer complications, increased precision, and quicker recovery time – to the patients of the Mid South. Please feel free to contact the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at any time with questions or to refer a patient.
Find out more about The Jackson Clinic and Robotic Surgery at jacksonclinic.com.
The Jackson Clinic Robotic Surgery Trained OB/GYN Physicians.
2863 Hwy. 45 ByPass
Jackson, TN 38305
Hours: Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm
Frank Pierce, MD FACOG
Lolly Eldridge, MD FACOG
Jeff Ball, MD FACOG
Chris Welsch, MD FACOG
Donald Wilson, MD FACOG